18 May 2013

Chiang Mai Home Alone


It’s a habit to blog every time my family is away for vacation. I forgot to blog about it the last time they travelled to Guilin. Nothing much happened except I finally picked up the phone asked my friend to teach me how to use the washing machine. Yes! I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO OPERATE THE WASHING MACHINE! Hahaha and I still don’t know how to use the machine till today. But I am glad this time none of the fur kids at home were injured or sick. My home alone session at home was more peaceful and manageable.

This time my family went to Chiang Mai. Should there be no flight delay, they should have landed by this time which means my freedom being home alone will end soon in 1 hour once they reach home. What are the challenges and learning this time?

Well a very sick dog. He’s got some cancer like growth at his hind right leg. He’s too old to risk the operation so we have decided to put him on long term medication and vitamins. Cleaning his wound is definitely a huge challenge. It felt like as though I am fixing a bomb. My sweat was running like an open tap even if I’m just sitting on ground. I feel like crying every second of it looking at the pain which he needs to bear with. I beg him to hang in there. Hopefully he will be able to recover and spend many more years with us.

Washing is piece of cake this time. I chose to hand wash this time. Yes I’m a loser!

I begin to love this family travelling at least once a year tradition. Although I am home alone but I am happy for many reasons. They get to travel and relax at home. I earned my couple of day’s short freedom. I appreciate them more because I do miss their company and everybody shares some house chores. I feel safe and secure when I am out for work or play because I know someone is at home taking care of the fur kids.

I’m gonna miss the following list of things which you do with no shame when you are home alone *chuckle*.

o   Do house chores in YOUR own style

o   Watch TV whole day. Zero nagging that the TV is hot and needs rest or else it will explode anytime

o   Eat after all top priorities completed

o   Quiet and quality moments. Zero interruption

o   Eat ice cream

o   Leave plates and mugs in the basin and wash later

o   Let the fur kids sleeps wherever they feel most comfortable and close to us

o   Leave the bed unattended
 
o   Shower with door opened plus walk in and out naked

Shit! They are back early. Good bye freedom at home. Welcome freedom outside!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment